Made in Lavenham

Made in Lavenham

Saturday 29 March 2014

Sites...



E. R. Holloway produced products for the cosmetics industry. I recall that the factory was on 3 sites, The Mill, Riverside Works and the Aerosol Factory (a.k.a. ‘The Station’).

Looking at google streetview I remember that The Station was where Frogs Hall Rd, Lower Road and Preston Road meet. There are currently industrial units on the site although the bricks appear relatively new so I assume these are not the original buildings from E. R. Holloway Limited.

Lower Road is where the Riverside Works was situated. I believe that a lady called Helen Hollocks was manager/supervisor there.

I believe that plastic formings, bottles and caps were made at The Mill (located on google streetview as Prentice Street / Bakers Mill).

This map shows roughly where the 3 sites were: The Station (Frogs Hall Road), Riverside Works (Lower Road) and The Mill.

No comments:

Post a Comment